Travel funding available for ICASS X
The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) in cooperation with the International Arctic Social Sciences Association (IASSA) is pleased to announce the availability of travel support for the 10th International Congress for Arctic Social Sciences (ICASS X) (15 - 19 June 2021, Arkhangelsk, Russia).
NOTE: ICASS X is currently being planned as an in-person meeting. Should the meeting or its parts be moved online due to COVID-19 situation, we will work to redirect the travel awards to pay for registration and other permissible ICASS-related expenses (these contingencies will be determined by the funders and the awardees will be informed when decisions are made).
Travel support via this process is currently available for:
- Early career researchers up to 5 years past PhD with an Arctic social sciences research focus (an allowance will be made for career breaks such as parental leave)
- Indigenous Arctic experts of all backgrounds and career stages (defined as researchers and Indigenous knowledge holders who are of Arctic Indigenous heritage, in particular, those represented by the Arctic Council Permanent Participants)
- Scholars from remote Arctic communities: scholars residing in remote places may be given some funding (there is no definition of remoteness: justification needs to be made on a case by case basis as a part of the application).
Further application criteria:
- Active participation in the conference by e.g. presenting a poster or an oral presentation in one of the conference sessions, or being an invited speaker, or session convener etc.
- Participants who were awarded support in 2020 (to travel to ICASS X that was postponed) will be given priority in receiving funding in this round.
APECS will coordinate the application and distribution process of the funds provided by various funding sources through IASSA. We encourage other partner organizations to get in touch with the APECS International Directorate Office at email@example.com if you want to take advantage of having your early career travel funds for the conference distributed via this APECS-led application process.
These travel awards may only be able to cover part of your travel costs and the costs will be reimbursed after the meeting. Reimbursement instructions will be sent to the selected travel funding recipients.
Please submit your application via this online form by no later than 1 February 2021 at 15:00 GMT. Late applications will not be considered. No exceptions will be made.
Your application will be evaluated solely on the information you provide via the form. We will not accept other material via email (unless you were asked to provide additional material by the APECS Directorate). All questions are available on the first page. There is no second page with hidden questions. Note that several of the questions are designed so we know which funding source(s) you qualify for, so please answer all the questions as completely as possible. Should other funding become available with additional requirements, we will announce this and give applicants who have already submitted the opportunity to update their application form. Should you have problems accessing the online form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Word version of it.